How I Found the Perfect Running Shoes
How I Found the Perfect Running Shoes
Ανακοινώσεις, σχόλια, ερωτήσεις που αφορούν το περιοδικό PC MASTER

Postby katietelevision » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:19 am

I was young and stupid, but I had read a few articles on Runner’s World so I knew there was such a thing as a “Real Running Shoe” and that I shouldn’t run in just any old sneakers. The only problem was that I didn’t know how to find the right one. So like most beginners, I went to the biggest store I could think of—in my case, a Nike outlet—and tried on everything in the running section. I had no idea which shoes were “best,” but they were on sale so I went home with two different pairs.
katietelevision
Average

Postby ratesbeg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 am

katietelevision wrote:I was young and stupid, but I had read a few articles on Runner’s World so I knew there was such a thing as a “Real Running Shoe” and that I shouldn’t run in just any old sneakers. The only problem was that I didn’t know how to find the right one. So like most beginners, I went to the biggest store I could think of—in my case, a Nike outlet—and tried on everything in the running section. I had no idea which shoes were “best,” but they were on sale so I went home with two different pairs.

One, the Nike Presto, was flimsy and soft, with a sock-like upper. I liked that it was comfy and lightweight. The other, I barely remember. It was more of a traditional running shoe, and it was blue.
ratesbeg
Average

Postby literalmixed » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 am

This all happened nearly fifteen years ago, and in the meantime research has shown that if a pair of shoes feels good when you run, it’s probably the right pair for you. But at the time, it was considered common knowledge that there was a science to picking shoes, and it started with figuring out which “foot type” you have. Read more running shoes
Last edited by literalmixed on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
literalmixed
Poor

Postby katietelevision » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 am

So I read up on all the things we now know are pretty much bogus, like checking out the shape of your wet footprint and looking at the height of your arches. Thus informed, I located a real running store, the kind where all they sell is running shoes and running gear and running clothes, and it all seemed super expensive. (Fleet Feet is a chain you might recognize, but lots are independent.) These stores are staffed by experienced runners, and they know feet and they know running, and they tend to have a great selection of shoes.
katietelevision
Average

Postby ratesbeg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:21 am

katietelevision wrote:So I read up on all the things we now know are pretty much bogus, like checking out the shape of your wet footprint and looking at the height of your arches. Thus informed, I located a real running store, the kind where all they sell is running shoes and running gear and running clothes, and it all seemed super expensive. (Fleet Feet is a chain you might recognize, but lots are independent.) These stores are staffed by experienced runners, and they know feet and they know running, and they tend to have a great selection of shoes.

I walked in, expecting some sort of in-depth technical assessment of my gait and foot shape and type. Instead, the salesperson asked how much I run and what I was training for, and he handed me a shoe and asked how it felt. Fine, I answered. He said it was a good shoe. I didn’t know what else to do, so I bought it.
ratesbeg
Average

Postby joselcollin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:30 am

I was excited to try out my first pair of Salomon Women’s XR Running Shoes. That excitement continued as I slipped them on. They are comfortable and just feel like a lightweight, fast shoe, built for cruising through single-tracks. But my joy waned the more I wore them and discovered that they lack the durability I need in a trail shoe. More information here
joselcollin
Escape Capsule

Return to PC Master - Το περιοδικό